Are you a highly-motivated insurance professional?
North Kent Mutual Insurance Company is searching for an individual to become part of our Underwriting Team. We are hiring a permanent full time Multi Line Underwriter to join our team in Dresden, Ontario.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience as well as a positive team environment with a focus on health, wellness, community involvement, as well as benefit, pension packages and company paid training.
As an Underwriter you will assess, rate and issue new business and policy changes within binding authority limits and according to our company guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple and varied complex assignments
- Possess strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Must work well as part of a team and contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrated efficiency and priority management skills
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
- Applicants with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience preferred
- University degree or college diploma in related field considered as asset
- Completion or commitment to achieve professional designation such as Chartered Insurance
- Professional designation (CIP) considered an asset
- Understanding of change management principles and the ability to adapt to changes in technology, processes and workflow
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office, willingness to learn new software programs
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and experiences in confidence by email to Amy Dale, Underwriting Manager at email@example.com by 4:00pm on March 27, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).