We are recruiting for a Claims Intake Administrator. This full time position is ideal for someone who wants to begin a career in the property & casualty insurance sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for claims administration duties, typically supporting 1-3 people in the Claims Department, by providing professional service to policyholders while assisting with claims resolution. Training will be provided.
North Kent Mutual Insurance is a community based mutual insurance company that is owned and operated for the benefit of the policyholders. We invest in local projects and support what matters most to our policyholders. The company has remained strong throughout the years and although the roots are agricultural, today we offer a full range of home, auto, business and farm insurance. The main office (and this position) is located in Dresden, Ontario, with agents available throughout southwestern Ontario
- Receive and process minor, comprehensive claims, such as windshields, emergency roadside assistance, etc.
- Receive new claim calls, record information directly into the computer system, assign to appropriate adjuster as per claims department procedures and assign a claim number.
- Answer claims inquiries by phone or in person and redirect to appropriate adjuster as required.
- Prepare and mail out appropriate correspondence.
- General administration as required.
- Act as secondary back up to the reception desk and other projects as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills for decision-making and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize workload for multiple tasks
- Ability to interact with a variety of different staff and policyholders in a professional and respectful manner
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn new tasks
- Cooperative and able to work as part of a team
Ability to follow direction with minimal supervision
Those interested in this opportunity can forward a resume confidentially outlining their background and experience by 4:00 pm by September 17 to George Malitsin, Claims Manager, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under North Kent Mutual Insurance’s Employment Accommodation Policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Download the word document here: Claims Intake Administrator