University or College Students:
Summer Employment Opportunity to gain valuable experience within a Mutual Insurance Company in a variety of departments such as Underwriting, Claims, Accounting and Administrative Support. The position will offer a general well-rounded overview with exposure to the lifecycle of an insurance claim as well as the interdepartmental dynamics of smaller, community based insurance company. As a summer student you will have the opportunity to process claims and assess risks in the underwriting department under supervision. This would be an excellent opportunity for a student in the insurance program to get some valuable experience over their summer vacation.
North Kent Mutual Insurance is a community based mutual insurance company that is owned and operated for the benefit of the policyholders. We invest in local projects and support what matters most to our policyholders. The company has remained strong throughout the years and although the roots are agricultural, today we offer a full range of home, auto, business and farm insurance. The main office is located in Dresden, Ontario, with agents available throughout southwestern Ontario
- College or University student
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills for decision making and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize workload for multiple tasks
- Ability to interact with a variety of different staff and policyholders in a professional and respectful manner
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn new tasks
- Cooperative and able to work as part of a team
- Interest in insurance or pursuing the Business Insurance Program or Business Program
- Ability to follow direction with minimal supervision
Those interested in this opportunity can forward a resume confidentially outlining their background and experience by 4:00 pm on March 29, 2019 to Amy Dale via email at: email@example.com Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. To request any accommodations, please specify in your application.