We are recruiting for an Insurance Intern. This position is ideal for a recent college or university graduate looking to begin a career in the property & casualty insurance sector. The successful candidate will spend several months in a variety of departments such as underwriting, claims, accounting and marketing before settling into a role that best meets their skillset and company goals at the time. Previous insurance experience is not required.
North Kent Mutual Insurance is a community based mutual insurance company that is owned and operated for the benefit of the policyholders. We invest in local projects and support what matters most to our policyholders. The company has remained strong throughout the years and although the roots are agricultural, today we offer a full range of home, auto, business and farm insurance. The main office (and this position) is located in Dresden, Ontario, with agents available throughout southwestern Ontario
- Must have a University degree or College diploma from an accredited insurance program
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills for decision-making and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize workload for multiple tasks
- Ability to interact with a variety of different staff and policyholders in a professional and Respectful manner
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn new tasks
- Cooperative and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow direction with minimal supervision
Those interested in this opportunity can forward a resume confidentially outlining their background and experience by 4:00 pm by October 31, 2019 to Henry Miller, CEO, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. To request any accommodations please specify in your application.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.