- The “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” (as filed with FSRA) is Henry Miller – Pres./CEO.
- To activate the company’s complaint handling process a policyholder(s) must provide a description of his/her complaint to the company in writing.
- Letters of complaint will be reviewed by the “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” or his/her alternate within five (5) business days of being received at the company.
- The “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” will consult with appropriate staff representatives and the Board of Directors and send to the policyholder a letter outlining the company’s final position within forty-five (45) days of the “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative’s” review of the letter of complaint.
- Our goal as a policyholder-owned, purely mutual company is to treat policyholders in a fair, courteous and timely manner. Time lines mentioned above are minimum standards.
- This Complaint Handling Protocol does not apply to any situation involving litigation by the insured against the company or where the insured has retained legal assistance in that regard.
- Complainants who have unresolved complaints will be advised how to contact the Financial Service Regulatory Authority (FSRA) of Ontario for further investigation.